Finally, the season of backyard barbecues and summer soireés is upon us! But warm weather also means less layers... and the aftermath of a couple beers and a hot dog bun can leave you feeling less-than-best in your bikini. This blood orange spritzer is a refreshing alternative to offer guests at your next social gathering. Blood oranges offer high levels of vitamin C (great for boosting collagen production) and anthocyanins, the antioxidants responsible for the beautiful pigmentation.
This wonderful recipe from A Couple Cooks combines rosemary with blood orange for a delicious pairing.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 sprigs rosemary (I recommend more, however)
- 3 large blood oranges (I used more: 4 for juicing and 1 for garnish)
- 750mL sparkling water
- Heat the honey, 3 tbsp water, and 3 sprigs rosemary in a small pot over low heat until combined, about a minute or so. I will use extra rosemary next time I make this, as the flavor was a touch too subtle.
- Allow the rosemary syrup to cool and discard the sprigs.
- Juice the oranges and combine the juice with the rosemary syrup and sparkling water.
- Garnish your pitcher with the remaining rosemary and add a blood orange wedge to each glass.
*Add a splash of grapefruit juice for added tang!